Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Saturday, June 25, 2011

A update on our garden
















Growing up we always had a garden. My parents at the ages of 80 and 78 still love to garden. I have not had a garden since Bryan had his stroke. But this year I decided to have one again. It is pretty theraputic to work with the soil. I planted 2 kinds of tomatoes, zucchini, beans, onions, peas and 2 kinds of cucumbers. I thought I had 4 zucchini plants, but turns out I had 8! Guess we will be eating a lot of zucchini! Candy loves laying in the sun while I work in the garden. She likes taking wood off the wood pile and waits for me to get done to play fetch. I often question her pick of the piece of fetch wood and go get a tennis ball. I don't think my arm would last long throwing a LOG! After lots of nibbling by the rabbits we broke down and put a little fence around the veggies. Worked! I tried 3 different types of twine for the climbing veggies and everyone broke. I was so tired of fixing it, that I figured I would just leave it and hope it would work. So far so good!

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is looking really good! Looks like you'll be eating lots of zucchini before long, lol! Wayne has planted tomatoes, cabbage, peppers, zucchini, summer squash,onions and carrots. He got a late start because of all the rain, so we won't be harvesting any veggies for a couple more weeks. He's the one with the green thumb...not me...my thumb's black, lol!
    Thanks for showing us your garden, Joan!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete