Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bring on the heat wave.....

We are at the beginning of a heat wave here in Wisconsin. For at least the next 8 days we will have temps over 90 degrees. The lows at night are the high 70's. A great week to stay inside and craft! I think we have the only lab in Wisconsin that does not like to get wet. Although she loves baths. Bryan put her favorite "chew log" in our sprinkler and tried to get her to get it. She barked and looked at Bryan as if to say..."you put it in there...you get it out!"

As far as the garden. It is going GREAT! My next goal is to get the stuff I pick to the kitchen. I love to pick and eat. I have picked zucchini, green beans, peas, cucumbers and tomatoes. And, speaking of tomatoes. Candy has taken a liking to them. We have to watch her when we have her outside as she will run for the garden and starts eating the tomatoes. She never paid any attention to them until they started turning red. The only thing I can think of is that she has a ball that is red, and she thinks I have a plant that grows red balls for her!
Thanks for taking time to stop by. Hope you come back again soon.
Have a GREAT day!
Joan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joan - Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following you! I look forward to seeing all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me! I'm now following you. Your garden looks awesome! Nothing like fresh veggies!

    ReplyDelete