Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A simple "thank-you" means so much!

I made a card for my nephew (by marriage) Curtis. He is such an awesome guy. Works hard so my niece can be a stay at home mom to their 2 wonderful daughters. Daelyn and Suri. He is such a hands on dad. I love this picture of them. So I made him a card and the sentiment I put on it says, "Not all Hero's wear capes." He "thanked" me for the card via face book and it made my day! That was my reminder as to why I make cards. I have been trying to remember to take pictures of my cards....but forgot to with this one.
This card is for our friend Greg. We met him through the Meriter Stroke Support Group. He sure has had his struggles. He was doing great since his stroke. But last Tuesday, he had some reaction to some medication, and he is back to square one. He was moved from Meriter in-patient rehab to a nursing home. He has a chocolate lab, that I am sure is really missing him.
I have been trying lots of new recipes. Some have been great, some not so good. Thank goodness I have a husband who is willing to eat my experiments! I made these gorilla balls on Sunday morning. Oh my! They are so easy and sooooo good! The house smells amazing while they are baking!
They are canned biscuits. Flattened out a bit. Then sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Then you take a piece of cream cheese and put it in the center. Wrap the biscuit around the cream cheese to form a ball. Making sure to seal tightly. Rolled the balls in more cinnamon and sugar. Then I took butter and melted it with some brown sugar. Once melted and combined, I poured this sauce over the balls. Baked at 350 for about 30 minutes. This experiment sure was a keeper!
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are all having a great day!
Joan

2 comments:

  1. well that sounds yummy, did you make this recipe up yourself, awesome
    I'm new to Outlawz and found you there in the show off your blog forum I think it is ;)
    Cindy Potentier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm....yummm!! Your cards look great! You've been added to the blogs list on The Outlawz; I hope you end up with a bunch of new followers!

    Please - for me - turn off comment verification...

    ReplyDelete