Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Monday, October 24, 2011

A beautiful fall day

It was such a great day today. Thanks to mother nature for heating my house for me today with her sunshine!
I also got in the mail information on my Compassion Child. My best friend, who just happens to be my sister-in-law, (I know, how lucky am I) has set me up with a child to correspond with. Her name is Stephany and she lives in Ecuador. I am so looking forward to getting to know this child.
Also, my friend Mary at http://www.cardztv.blogspot.com asked me if I would post my granola recipe. Like I said, it is very basic, so you could add whatever you like. I had some in my yogurt today. Yum!

4 cups oats
1 cup nuts
1/4 c brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup water
1 cup raisins

Mix all together (except any dried fruit you are going to add) and put on a cookie sheet. Spread out. Bake at 300 for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Then add any dried fruit you would like.  Store in air-tight containers. I baked mine on parchment paper so it came off the cookie sheet really easy. If you try it, let me know how you like it.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great today!
Joan

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the granola recipe!
    I recently joined the Outlawz & have become your newest follower. I would love for you to visit my blog Sharrahug’s Sweet Blessings If you’re already following my blog……thank you so much!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the recipe, Joan...I can't wait to try it! Have a wonderful week, my friend!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete