Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Friday, October 14, 2011

FRIDAY~

Hope everyone is having a good fall. I have been trying to keep busy. Have the garden all cleaned. The final tomatoes are in the kitchen to get ripe. I have a bowl of cherry tomatoes that are getting there. Sure is nice to grab some for a healthy snack. Of course, they are sitting right next to the bowl of Butterfinger candy bars! But life is full of choices! And I figure if I eat 5 cherry tomatoes and 1 candy bar they will cancel each other out!?
I took today off from volunteering. The last 3 weeks have been very challenging for me. I understand no one likes to be in the hospital, and there are not there for fun. But the past 3 weeks I have had some of the most unhappy, ungrateful just plain rude patients! I don't get paid enough, WAIT, I don't get paid anything to have to deal with that. I try not to take it personal, come on who would not want to spend some time with me!? I can usually deal with the crabby one's because the nice one's make it all worth while. But last week, not one patient was happy. And I had a full folder of 8 patients to see. So I have been in an ugly mood all week. Even though our weather has been awesome (except for the last couple days) I love fall and everything about it. I just could not shake my ugliness!

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment