Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Monday, December 12, 2011

Guess I better not wait for snow...

I am having a hard time getting going on making my Christmas cards this year. I was waiting for some snow hoping that would help, but looks like it might be a long wait. Strange for Wisconsin I know. We are suppose to be in the 40's most of the week, with a chance of RAIN on Thursday. This year I am doing things a little different. I used to go through my address book and do my Christmas cards that way. I hand make my cards, so I try to make them all at once, then get them ready to mail. This year, I am going to send them as I get them. Doing it the old way, half way through my address book, I was getting tired of writing, and my hands were getting sore, so I would not put personal messages in them. Just sign our names. Well this year by sending as I get them, I can sit and write a message and not feel so stressed about getting through the address book. So far, we have gotten 3 Christmas cards and getting them ready to send was a nice, relaxing experience. Putting a personal message in them, spending time to reflect on what it means to have this person in my life. Remembering the true meaning of this wonderful season.
I have not done any postings about volunteering lately. Last Friday was a weird day. Kailey (the other girl I volunteer with) usually split up the patients. We had a total of 14 people in the program, so we each took 7. We left the volunteer office off to see our first patients. Mine as on the 11th floor and Kailey's was on the 6th floor. We both got back to the volunteer office at the same time. Good news, both of those patients were getting ready to go home! We grabbed the next on our lists and headed out. Both on 8th floor this time. My patient was having some therapy and it was not  good time for a visit. I went back to the office. Kailey was there...her patient was down having x-rays. Hmmm, signs of what the day was going to be like. The next patients we went to see all had company, and I feel that visiting with company is much better than visiting with me, a volunteer. So Kailey and I were done early. We went and stocked the nurses helpers and cleaned the volunteer room. Hopefully our volunteer boss can find what he needs!
Hope everyone has a great day! Stop back soon!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment