Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Still no snow

Well it does not look good for a white Christmas. Which is probably nice for those who have to travel. I don't want a lot of snow, just enough to cover the grass.
Christmas will be a hard day this year as it will be the first time in 51 years that I will not be seeing my mom on Christmas day. I remember how much my mom loved making holidays so special.  I remember one Christmas when us kids go up early and there were mud prints on the kitchen floor, the glass of milk  we left for Santa was spilled and there were cookie crumbs left in the kitchen. I could not believe that Santa would leave such a mess. As I got older and was helping my mom get ready for Christmas I asked her about that Christmas morning and the muddy prints. She told me that she boiled water on the stove and then had my dad clear a spot of snow. She poured the boiling water on the spot my dad had cleared and then my she put on my dad boots and got them muddy. Looking back, I should have realized that with the snow and cold there would not be any mud. But my mom kept the magic of Christmas alive, even as we became adults.
Made a pot of chicken chili today! It is a grey, damp, chilly day so needed something to warm the ole bones!
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy today!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment