Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday...again!

Candy (our 3 year old chocolate lab) had taken a liking to getting up at 6 am! She can go outside and do her thing, eat and then falls right back to sleep. I on the other hand can not go back to sleep. So, I hit the floor running this morning. Have to go pick up some groceries. Hy-Vee has some awesome deals this week, and I am really getting the hang of this coupon thing. Not that I am going to have a massive stock pile, or spend hours in the check out doing lots of transactions, but I find trying to find a good deal thrilling. Also, if I don't buy the thing I have a coupon for, I leave the coupon near the product for someone else to (hopefully) pick up and use. My husband calls me the "coupon fairy." I am learning how to stack coupons with sales at the store. For today, Hy-Vee has a coupon in their ad for buy any 2 Ore-Ida potatoes, get one free. Plus I have a coupon for $1.00 off any Ore-Ida potato. Then we will stop at Wal-Mart. I am returning some cupcake mix I bought. It was on a clearance bin marked for $1.25. (Plus I had coupons for 75 cents off each box) I picked up 2, but when I got home they rung up for $2.88 each! Nope, not paying that much for a box mix. I am usually better at watching the scanner. Plus we have to find 2 gifts to take to our stroke meeting on Wednesday night. Then home to start baking. I am making an awesome peanut butter dessert to take Wed to our stroke meeting. It goes in the freezer and the recipe says it can be make up to 3 months in advance. So, I think I am safe making it today. Also going to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies. And trying a new recipe for supper, hamburger steaks. (Hy-Vee also has hamburger on sale this week!)
Hope to clean my craft room this afternoon, so I can start on making some Christmas Cards!
Take some time to find some joy and wonder in today!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment