Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another awesome weather day!

WOW, I think I could get used to this weather. The last 3 days we have hit over 50 degrees. Very uncommon for Wisconsin this time of year. We have yet to have much snow. Candy and I have really been enjoying our daily walks. Today we walked for a whole hour! Ok, we stopped and sniffed a few times. Well, Candy sniffed, I enjoyed the sounds. A bluebird followed us on the bike path from Dempsey Road to Walter Street. Flying from tree to tree, just chirping away.
Came home and got a lot done. Made 2 cards for challenges at http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/ I have done some of their challenges in the past. It feels nice to be back in my craft room.
This first card is for the Monday greeting card challenge. You had to make a card sending a hug.
This is what I came up with.

The second challenge was to make  a card with a tag on it. This is what I did.

If you enjoy a challenge. You should check out http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/ It helps also if you are having creative block. There are a lot of talented people over there, and they make some great cards!

Then I made an Applesauce Cake. I am REALLY trying to eat a little healthier. This has very little butter and no oil. You use applesauce instead. OK, the frosting is probably not the healthiest, but by eating the healthier cake they cancel each other out....right? It says to make it in a 9 X 13 pan, but I wanted mine a little thicker so I did mine in an 8 X 8 pan. I have not had any yet. Bryan had one after supper. Must have been pretty good, he had another one before he left for coffee.


Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you all take time to find some joy and wonder in today!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment