Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Finally made a card!

I got back into my craft room this afternoon. I made a card for my Grandma (she is really my husband's step-grandma, but I love her like she was my own!) She loves cardinals, so I made this card....just because. You can't tell but I used a glitter pen on the snow. Looks really pretty.
 I have been on a mini book kick for a couple months. I made these two. The first one is where I write thoughts to my mom. I miss her so much. I feel like this is my way to still talk to her. Plus it is kinda like cheap therapy to write down what I am thinking. Just random thoughts that pop in my head and remind me of her. The inside is just blank index cards.
This last book I made for keeping track of my walks with Candy. I am pretty proud of myself that we have not missed a day of going for a walk. Even in the bad, icy sidewalks. One day it was 10 degrees with the wind blowing at 30 mph. I am going to keep track of our route for that day, and how long we walk. The things we see and hear on our walks. This book I picked up at a garage sale a year go for 5 cents! I took it apart, and decorated the front and pack covers.
Tonight is our monthly Young Stroke Survivors/Caregivers support group. We hope to make plans for our year. Usually we don't have a good turn out for this meeting, but hopefully we can get a lot done!

Hope everyone enjoys something in today!
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Joan

1 comment:

  1. great projects love the cardinal card so pretty. Karen

    ReplyDelete