Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday! That means volunteer today!

Whew....made it through another week. What a rough week. I had cooking disasters, baking disasters and did not get any crafting done! Here is some of the disasters this week. Monday, I got my sample of Snuggle's new Exhilaration's White Lilac and Spring Flowers. Was so looking forward to getting this. And perfect timing as Tuesday is my laundry day. Well this sample was a full sized bottle. It leaked all over the box. There was only about 1/4 of the bottle left. However it did make the rest of my mail smell wonderful. My mailbox still smells good, so this must be some good stuff! I did e-mail the company that I am trying this for, and they are sending me a new bottle! Tuesday we had steak on the grill. Whenever we have steak on the grill we have mashed potatoes and creamed corn. Bryan's favorite. I made the mashed potatoes (my carpal tunnel was acting up...that is my defense) and the potatoes were pretty lumpy. Although they tasted good, just not "mashed" enough. That disaster over we made it to Wednesday. I had a coupon for $1.00 of Idahoan instant  potato's. Never tied them before. But with the coupon making the package only 18 cents! Heck ya. Well I had a million (well ok, maybe not a million) things on my mind as I was making the potatoes. I followed the directions correctly (or at least I thought) When dinner was finally ready, I called Bryan to the table. I took the potatoes off the stove and they looked like (according to Bryan) cream-of wheat! Oh crap! I looked and sure enough they were really soupy. I got the package out of the recycle bin and thought I had done every step correctly. I mean really, how do you screw up instant potato's? Well as I looked in the sink, I noticed that I had grabbed the 2 cup measuring cup instead of the 1. Oops, that will make soupy potatoes! Thursday I was in the mood to bake something. I decided to make my mom's blonde brownies. I usually double this batch so I can make a 9 X 13 pan. I got them all mixed (something did not look right, but I have not made these for a long, long time) and put them in the oven to bake. They smelled good while baking. I let them cool, and had one. They did not taste anything like I remember. Looked at the recipe again, it called for 1/3 cup melted butter (which I doubled) and 1 cup of brown sugar. Oops, I read the recipe wrong and added 1/3 cup brown sugar, doubled. Not the 2 cups that it called for. They really had not taste. So last night I told Bryan we were having something simple. So, I made SOS (shit on a shingle) I made everything right!!! Tonight is our pizza night, so I know I will have 2 nights with no cooking disasters! I mean , who can screw up frozen pizza........right?
Thanks for stopping by!
Take Care
Joan

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to pop by and thank you for the birthday wishes! xoxox

    ReplyDelete