Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Sunday, November 27, 2011

No Butterflies....

Friday was a very busy day volunteering. I was the only volunteer for my shift. And I was happy there were no butterflies! I am sure you are wondering what in the heck I am talking about. Well about 2 months ago, I went to visit a patient.  She was not doing well, and her Pastor was with her. I told them  I would come back later. Well a couple hours later I went back to her room. The door was shut, so I knocked. Someone answered, "come in." So in I waltzed. Well to my surprise, it was the funeral home there to pick up her body. I assumed that when you died in a hospital, they moved you to a special room where you waited until the funeral home came and got you. Well, found out that is not the case. It was really hard on me to see that body being zipped into that body bag. So, after talking to some of the staff, we came up with this idea. When you come to a room that the door is shut, and there is a butterfly on the door, that means the person in that room has passed away and are either waiting for the funeral home personal, or the funeral home personal is in with them. No more surprises.
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I struggled missing my mom.
Still have not gotten into my craft room. We had some awesome weather last week, so I took Candy for a couple walks every day. Did all the laundry and hung it outside. Nothing beats fresh sheets off the line. And got a lot of cleaning done. I hope to start my Christmas cards soon. Need some snow on the ground first! Hopefully that will come soon.
I hope everyone has a great day!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment