Adventure's of a volunteer.......

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our anniversary!

Saturday was Bryan's and my wedding anniversary. I had wanted snow on my wedding day, but just had really cold temps. We were eating breakfast yesterday and I asked Bryan how long we had been married. He said "13 blissful years" Well, I told him to try again.. he guessed 15 years? I told him that it has been 17 years. He said, "it sure does not seem like that long" I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. Bryan tried hard to keep my spirits up, he came home from his morning coffee and was so excited that he had figured out what we were doing for dinner. I ask and usually either hear, "I don't care, or I don't know" As the day went on, I kept trying to guess. We had just talked about my favorite restaurants to go to. I like Pedro's ( a Mexican restaurant) but Bryan does not like it. I usually go to lunch there with my friends Karen and Janet. Then I guessd Olive Garden. I was just telling him how I could go for their some of their salad. Nope, still was not right. Although, knowing my husband all my life, I knew he could be fooling me. I asked him how fancy I had to dress up. He said not real fancy. Well to my surprise, he took me to the VFW for all you can eat corned beef and cabbage! I am so lucky to have married Mr Romance! It was a great dinner, and I did not have to cook. So it was a great night!
Tonight I tried a new recipe. Chicken Sticky Strips! Yumm... So easy and fast. We had them with steamed green beans (from our garden) and mashed potatoes.



This is after about 20 minutes.

It does not start out to look like much, but once the sauce cooks down. I think next time I make it I will make it along with some rice. Here is the recipe.

4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 cup Italian dressing
2 t lemon juice
2 t honey
2 t brown sugar

Put everything in a zip-loc baggie and marinate for at least an hour. In skillet on med-high, add everything to the skillet. When comes to a boil, turn heat to med-low. Simmer for about 45 minutes. Mine was not turned high enough so I had to crank the heat for the last 10 minutes. Once the sauce starts to turn, it turns very fast. Also, don't get nervous that you have so much sauce in the beginning, it will cook down.
I hope to get into my craft room this week and work on some cards. I was not in the mood the last couple weeks.
Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by, have a great today.
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment